Monday, April 03, 2006

Grace

Re-vamping my lessons, attempting to add a level, keep it simple but make the difficulty appropriate. I've been busy, not busy enough. My thoughts stick on preparatory exercise, and there's no way to make sit-ups fun. I can elicit chuckles and giggles with grunts and groans, and by saying, "Alright, that is enough of those." Even though it's not enough by half, and I could spend a whole hour doing sit-ups, push-ups, jumping-jacks, punches, lunges, stretches. Dancing takes strength, strong legs, strong lungs, strong body. I do love belly dance because it is a dance for all women, regardless of age, weight, or body type. Athleticism is appreciated, be it fluid and light, or solid and powerful. Strength is grace, grace is strength.

Powered by Blogger

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pecos Wilderness, New Mexico, United States

This is the time and the record of the time. I'll avoid definition as much as humanly possible. We can never step in the same river twice. Cold mud and fast currents and rocks and roots entangle, hot and fecund in the summer and frozen slow in the winter. Subject to change. I dream of Paradise.