Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I sold a costume this weekend, a fellow dancer who had attended my class bought the one I made out of a black sparkly one-sleeved dress. The fabric of the dress had copper and iridescent-colored glitter paint in a swirl pattern.

My additions to the dress, to make it into a dance costume, included long black fringe at the angled bottom hem, thumbprint-sized orange and yellow flat-backed jewels in strategic places along the top of the neckline, along the sides of the slit, and carefully placed on the hips, belly, and back.

I also added a layer of wide elastic stretch black sequins around the neckline, and a black sequin armband for the side missing a sleeve. It looked great with a black velvet shawl with black fringe wrapped around the hips.

Flamenco/flapper/disco. All I can say is she with her copper hair looked smokin.

Powered by Blogger

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pecos Wilderness, New Mexico, United States

This is the time and the record of the time. I'll avoid definition as much as humanly possible. We can never step in the same river twice. Cold mud and fast currents and rocks and roots entangle, hot and fecund in the summer and frozen slow in the winter. Subject to change. I dream of Paradise.